Undercover Boss is one of those shows that I learn a lot more from than even the show thinks people take away from it.
I watch them early in the morning because I tivo them. I am the big nut for them and not the rest of the family. I was watching one and the usual lessons and tears started.
The format of the show goes with the boss going into disguise and visiting their employees. They learn a ton and hear a ton and then go back and change out of disguise. Then the meeting happens and the tears start for me.
Tears? Yes, tears. I tear up when the boss meets those he was under disguise around and share how they affected his life. Then he dishes out great benefits to those workers that change their lives forever. Gifts ranging from money, vacations, kids college starter money, cars and so much more.
The show ends with a caption at the end that says..”In the weeks following”..then it tells you what the employee has done since meeting the boss and getting their gifts. May not sound like it but it really can be a tear jerker.
Some quick thoughts I think about applying to my ministry, personal devotional life with Jesus.
1. What would truly be learned from me through my witness if Jesus would show up in my life as an Undercover Boss? Would I be loyal? Complain? Be grateful?
2. Do I see that I have an opportunity to speak to the Boss every day without waiting for him to show up undercover?
3. Do I recognize the gifts that He does give me and already has given me?
4. Am I as thankful to Him as those who receive from the Undercover Boss?
5. After my time spent with Him in prayer, what would be able to be said of the minutes since? Weeks since? Years since?