I enjoy asking questions of people and hearing their solutions or thoughts about different things. I learn so much from asking questions and I am definitely not scared to ask people questions either.
I have tried to put together a quick overview of some questions that I keep on my phone in Evernote for just that occasion that I run into someone who I may ask questions of.
1. What are the most important decisions you make as a leader for your organization/ministry?
2. Can you name a person who has had a tremendous impact on you as a leader? Maybe some one who has been a mentor to you? Why and how did this person impact your life?
3. How do you or other leaders in your organization communicate the “core values”?
4. How do you help a new employee understand the culture of your organization?
5. What is the one behavior or trait that you have seen derail more leaders’ careers?
6. What are a few resources you would recommend to someone looking to gain insight into becoming a better leader?
7. What are you doing to ensure you continue to grow and develop as a leader?
8. How do you ensure the your organization and its activities are aligned with your “core values”?
9. What is one characteristic that you believe every leader should possess?
10. What is the biggest challenge facing leaders today? And how do you stay above it?
There are so many other questions you could ask, what else would you add to this list?