Here’s just a few leadership nibbles that I have always enjoyed:
* Leadership always shows
* People who leave positions leave openings, Influencers leave legacies
* Prioritize principles over popularity or preferences
* The power of process is the cumulative impact of many small, correct decisions
* Growth occurs gradually and is experienced daily
* Ask for God’s help, you’ll need it
* If you dream big, calculate accordingly
* There is no such thing as luck; Good things happen when opportunity and preparedness meet
* Yesterday’s successful chartering won’t get you through today’s storm
* Articulate the course
* Before you speak and expect others to listen to you, listen to others – lots.
* To be a good leader, focus on being good before you focus on being a leader
* Establish your identity by who you are rather than what you do
* People will respect a leader with a vision that is compelling and makes sense to them
* In the leadership relay, it makes no difference how fast you run if you drop the baton.
* Mentoring is the method by which you can go from just reading history to creating history.
* The credibility of the leader enhances the credibility of the vision.
* Demonstrated courage increases buy-in.
* If you must choose between substance or image always choose substance.
Those are just a few that I have enjoyed and I pray that you are able to enjoy them as well.